Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Huh?!

I just brought up my blog, and let me tell you, denial ain't just a river in Egypt! I can't believe it's been since April since I've updated! That's just plain ridiculous. And yet, here's how my brain works. I'm busy, so I don't have time to update. Then when I have a minute, I think, "Oh! There's too much to talk about to sit down and do it now. I'll update later when I have more time." But then, later when I have more time, more has happened, and again I think, "Still too much to say, maybe later I'll have more time to get it done right." And this quickly snowballs until it's ridiculous how much has happened in life, and I can't update it all anyways.

So I think I'll try to just list some of the important events so that they're at least mentioned. If I ever find more time, I will do a proper post about them. :)

  • The TeenMOPS fundraiser I last mentioned went very well. It was a lot of fun, and was a success!
  • American Idol finished, and I was happy with the result (although totally and completely bummed that my man Danny didn't make it to the very end. At least Adam didn't win the whole enchilada!).
  • I finished the school year, and am HAPPY it is SUMMER!
  • I will be teaching 5th Grade again next year at my same school (L-O-N-G story).
  • I threw John a surprise birthday party at the end of May.
  • John had his 31st Birthday on June 1st.
  • We went out to Michigan for Jared's wedding (my brother) to Becca on June 13th. It was Malachi's first flight, and we were there for a long weekend. Malachi did very well.
  • We went on a Carlson family vacation to Cancun last week (June 20-27). It was gorgeous and fun! John's parents, sister and her daughter, and brother and his wife all joined us for the week. This was Malachi's first International flight (which was less smooth than the Michigan one, but not bad). Malachi also enjoyed going to the pool just about everyday, but hated the ocean.
  • Malachi's started doing some fun and cute things, which I think I will need to do a subsequent post all about.

I think those are the main things. We are getting ready to go enjoy an Independence Day weekend up north- should be fun!

Ahhh... I feel so much better now that I have this off my back! Relaxation, here I come.

No comments: