Monday, April 21, 2008

No News is Good News...

Hey Everyone! We haven't posted in while because there has been so little to report. Things have continued to go well with the oxygen-- we've adjusted well to the change, and now it seems so normal to us. We won't have any update as to how that is going until after our May 1st appointment where they will do another echo.

In other news, I went back to work today, and Malachi enjoyed his first day at daycare! We both did well- I was actually excited to get back to my classroom and students (although I did shed a few tears this morning when we separated ways), and Malachi had a good day and stayed on his schedule. He even got a little certificate congratulating him for having a good first day. So cute! My students were happy to see me, and we enjoyed our time together. Not a bad first day.

Other noteable life moments:
  • We hosted a big party for John's mother's 60th birthday yesterday (Sunday), and it was a ton of fun! We got to see a lot of family and just hang out.
  • John's parents stayed with me while John was away last week in Florida. It was nice to have them here, and his mother even cleaned the house for me! How nice!
  • Best of all- Malachi has started to smile! He is so adorable with his little grin. One of these times we'll catch it on camera so we can post it here!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great to hear you had a good day of "firsts." And yay that Malachi is going well. How do you spell yay? Yeah?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, John, and cute little Malachi! Sure glad to hear you're doing okay. I went to find your blog and couldn't find it so Mom helped me out. Yay! You were right Kristi on spelling of yay! :) haha. Anyway, leaving kids at daycare is so tough! I had such troubles leaving Matthew and Laura. I know the whole crying thing. It's worse when they get older because first they don't want to stay, then when you pick them up, they don't want to leave. What got me the most was when I realized how little time I had with them when they were awake. fun, fun! Lots of love!