Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some Pictures, etc.

Hello Friends! Apparently my attempt at making excuses in my last post didn't work so hot. You all got right back on my case. And, truth be told, I like it. It helps keep me motivated to get on here. I've had a lot on my plate lately, but I'm expecting things to normalize again here soon. 1st Quarter just ended at school, which might sound like a relieving sort-of-thing for the unobservant bystander. However, those of you with a teacher as a dear friend know that's not exactly the case. With the end of the quarter comes REPORT CARDS (da-da-DUM!!!). And report cards are no small thing to complete on a teacher's end. They take hours and hours, and unless you feel it's okay for me to stop teaching a class during the day so that I can accomplish this monumental feat of paperwork, that means hours and hours of my "free" time spent at school. I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating a fact. So, if you've wondered where I've been lately, the likely answer is holed up in my classroom grading and filling out reports.

So, enough with the excuses, already! I also still realize I've been tagged by a couple of friends. Now that report cards are done I may actually have the time to do superfluous and fun things. :)

Here are some pictures. I know many of you have been dying to see some of the growing boy lately. Here're some snapshots from our life...

From this summer- sitting with cousin Nevaeh and Grandpa Winston at Ron and Doreen's.
Beating up on his bigger cousin. :)
Malachi in his dinosaur costume that Grandma Sands gave us. He wore it to a costume party in early October.

Malachi's eating solids these days! He loves veggies, and is also now eating in his real high chair (not in this picture).

He's starting to sit up. Here he is sitting on Daddy!

It's cold around here! This jacket is cute and functional!

Although I struggled with whether or not to take Malachi out on Halloween (I never celebrated the so-called holiday growing up), I compromised and we went around our circle. It was fun, and Malachi was a good little froggy! (He started as a ladybug at daycare- but had a poo incident. A froggy was a good backup.)

3 comments:

laura said...

Very cute:) Thanks for sharing pictures! It's been so long since I've seen you... It's hard to believe it's already mid-Nov and the end of the semester is looming:) Hugs!!

the j-crew said...

Yeah new pictures! The frog's more manly than the ladybug. I'm sure that's why he pooped intentionally. :) By the way, since you took him out to trick or treat, who ended up eating all the candy he got? hmmm.......

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Can I get copies of some of them? Thanks for the pictures of Malachi in those other costumes too.

Love, Mom