Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Malachi's Cute Things

Malachi's been doing a variety of new things since the last time I blogged in APRIL. Uff-da! Anyhow, here're the highlights:
  • He started getting serviced through the school district's "Birth-3" program. His first Physical Therapy session he went from exclusively army crawling to pulling himself up on furniture. It only took 5 minutes- amazing! I believe that was May 11th. We were hoping to see him improve in his ability to move to a sitting position after crawling (he couldn't do that in early May), pull himself up to a standing position, and eventually "cruise" along furniture. He was doing all of those things within weeks of the therapy! :)
  • On June 8th he started climbing stairs. It was so out of the blue, and totally caught me off-guard. Here are 2 pictures from the second day of climbing:

  • While we were in Cancun he started walking while holding on to someone's hands. I think he's very close to walking without help (gulp!).
  • He started saying some words a few days ago. He now says "uh-oh!" The first time he said it was in the airport on Saturday. I dropped the wipes while changing him and said "uh-oh," and he repeated it. We think it is so funny! See for yourself- I caught it with my camera:

  • He also now says "no" and tries to meow like the kitty. It's more like a "neow" but he changes his voice to be all high-pitched, and it is super cute! Also, when I point to the cows in his room and ask him what they are he says "Moo-ca," which I think is moo-cow. So many words and things in such a short amount of time.
  • He's super giggly these days. It seems that everything we do there's a giggle with it. :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I think his jabbering is just proof that he needs to spend more time with cousin Nevaeh!! Oh, the wonderful habits he will pick up!!

The McCutcheons said...

Welcome back to the "blogging world", Sarah! We missed you! :)

the j-crew said...

I just love the first sounds of words. I never corrected mispronounciations. My kids had "brefkist" for a looonnnggg time before it turned into breakfast. I still miss it.

Anonymous said...

Since we're so far away, checked this to see if anything new was happening. I'm sure there are, but hard to keep up with it.

Love you all,
Mom