Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Projects and Fun!

I've definitely stayed busy while I've been at home lately. I must say that it has been SO fun to be home with Malachi to play, walk, wrestle, and hang out (among other things)! When he's napping or when he's at daycare on Wednesdays, I've been working on house projects. Below is the living room that I painted- it's a fun burnt orange color (it looks brighter in the picture than in person). I also decided to do an accent wall in our office the same color. Now I'm working on choosing paint for our hallways and kitchen. This week I also installed more shelves in our pantry, and added shelves to our coat closet to better utilize the space. It feels good to get the house in shape and organized, and it's also very satisfying to build something with your own two hands. :)
In other news, here are some fun videos of Malachi. I'm so glad I figured out I can record short videos with my camera. These are some of the fun things he is doing these days. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Here is Malachi barking like a dog (sort-of). It's the best one we've gotten on tape yet.

Enjoy some nose picking, meowing like a kitty, and a stupendous drum solo!

Malachi walking with the help of his Pooh walker. Notice he'll only do it on-camera when I'm not right in front of him. As soon as I move to be in front of him he gets down to crawl! :) Sorry if my moving-while-filming makes you a little nauseous. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for another new update. Glad I happened to look. Will have to wait til we get home to see the videos as sound isn't working on this laptop of Dad's. Our love to all of you....

Mom

The McCutcheons said...

Oooohhhh, I love the orange! I also had to paint an area of our home that color. Great choice!! It looks great.

laura said...

So glad you are enjoying your break and are able to accomplish things:) Isn't that exciting!