Saturday, November 24, 2007

Job Change for John

It was told to me at church tonight by a blog reader that I hadn't posted anything about my upcoming job change!

On October 28th I gave Christ Community Church a four-week notice because I accepted a job as Chief Financial Officer at Zumbro Valley Mental Health Center in Rochester. This coming Monday (26th) is my last day at CCC and Tuesday (27th) is my first day at Zumbro.

I am looking forward to having a more "normal" work schedule that is Monday through Friday. Working at the church has definitely been a good experience for me but with the baby on the way we decided that it was in our best interest for me to have a job that wasn't seven days a week with mandatory weekends.

Ironically, I will be helping CCC through their transition by working part-time at an hourly rate for them on the weekends checking in on finances and HR stuff until they have found a replacement. I am expecting this to go on into January as this time of year brings a lot of year-end accounting work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, JC!

Julie said...

have a great first day tomorrow, brudda john!

Missy Eagen said...

So how is it??? Are they 1/2 as cool as we are :)