Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's Update Time!

Hello friends! I haven't posted since my bummer post a while back, so figured I should get back on to redeem myself. I'm doing pretty well with the diabetes stuff. I have to count my carbs and check my blood sugar two times a day, and so far things are going well. I've only had high numbers 2 times since I've been monitoring it, so that's good. I'm also finding that I have a lot more appreciation for my dad, who has type-2 diabetes. I can totally understand his frustration and trouble with staying on a diet. I only have to endure this for roughly 6 weeks, and he's not got an end in sight. Tough stuff...

Anyhow, we had our weekly check up appointment today. Things are fairly normal. We had our normal ultrasound, and our little guy continues to follow his growth curve. He's still on the small side, but that is just fine by me! Also, the tech we had today really worked hard to try to see the left hand. We still only saw 3 fingers, but he was moving and bending them, which is a great sign that they will function normally. The tech also managed to get some new shots of his face, which are looking more like a baby face, and less like a scary skull. :) So overall, a great appointment.

Thanks again for your continued prayers and support! We love you all! Oh, and watch for future pics and a post about my "Top Secret Project" (which many of you already know about).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things were good at your last appointment.

Thank you again for being such wonderful hosts.

Sarah Carlson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Carlson said...

We were so glad to be hosts to you! You can come stay with us anytime. And once you are back you can come over for muffins and coffee anytime! :)