Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inappropriate? You decide!

Today we had a whole slew of Mayo appointments again. It wasn't our best day out there-- Malachi had to be sedated for his Echo, and that didn't go over so well. BUT- that is not what this post is about. This post is about something I did after our final appointment of the day. John thought it was kindof inappropriate and rude. I disagree- YOU decide!

Our final appointment of the day was with a Dr. from genetics. During the appointment the Dr. wanted to look at Malachi, which meant waking him up, which in turn made him grumpy (see sedated above). I tried to appease him by feeding him. As he was eating he filled his pants (as usual). He seemed to have a lot coming out, and I was concerned that we might have a "blow-out" if I didn't change him soon. The Dr.'s office was more like an actual office space, but did have a cushy bench for us to sit on and the standard patient table. I asked the Dr. if I could change Malachi before we left. He said it was okay, so I did change him. That's it.

So, was it okay for me to change Malachi there in the office, or not? Remember, he eats breastmilk, so the diaper didn't stink. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally appropriate! The nurses I work with agree.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Poor John....no one is going to take your side on this one.

Sarah as long as you asked I think that it was ok. The doctor could have said no. Also, I am sure that you aren't the first one to change a diaper in his office, but you may be one of the first ones to ask before hand.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the culture of babies, John. Those poopy diapers have to be changeds ASAP. We learned that the hard way. You'll have to ask Steve sometime about our first shopping trip with Bella and his "Oh it can wait a few minutes" appoach to her dirty diaper. We've changed diapers just about everywhere by now. Including on the seat next to me mid-flight when the "remain in your seats" light was on. Our babies have never been good at being asked to wait. Feeding, diapering and sleeping happen when they happen aroung here. Glad to hear things are going well. We continue to pray for your family. Cora and Steve

Anonymous said...

That's nothing! Wait until your kids start embarassing you on their own. This is just a warm up. Good job Mommy. Those kiddos are your first priority. :)
jennifer j