Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not Much New

I'll start with the good stuff- a picture! :) Here is a picture taken last Saturday after Malachi had his bath. Daddy gets bath duty, so here they are cuddling afterwards.

Now on to the appointment update. Malachi had another echo today, and then we met with Dr. O'Leary. We were able to get through the echo without sedation (praise the Lord!). This time things only maintained, as opposed to seeing improvement. This did not alarm his Dr., and he's really pretty pleased with how well Malachi is growing and "acting" healthy. He maintains that although things really aren't normal, they are still working for him just fine at this point. He still thinks continuous oxygen is the best treatment option for Malachi's pressures between his heart and his lungs, so that will continue. He did note that Malachi has some more concerning pressures in his mitral valve, which really hadn't been much of a concern before (other than it being narrowed). He thinks this is probably due to how much the rest of his body's grown in the last 6 weeks while the valve remained smaller. This may naturally improve if the valve growth catches up a bit.

We appreciate your continued prayers, and really hope to someday report complete healing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you E.E. for having lunch with me the other day. You really are good company...even though you fell asleep for a time. Glad to hear your appointment went well.

Anonymous said...

John & Sarah .... have been there where you are ... continue to rely on God through each breath that Malachi takes .... he is SUCH a blessing and you are blessed to have him. I am always only a phone call away ...
you are both loved, thought of & prayed for,
erika
<><

Minnesota Native 62 said...

That picture of John and Malachi is very precious. How are the teeth coming?
I've been sewing baby quilts for my charity project - I have 13 done so far. I plan to make 25 quilts this year for the battered women's shelter and the home for pregnant teenagers. I also make a diaper bag for the each of the teenagers.
In addition I have sewn 3 purses. If I knew how to download my pictures from my camera to the internet (used to do it all the time at work - can't seem to get it to work on my home computer), I would send you pictures. We bought a laptop computer for me to use with my embroidery sewing machine. Now I'm really going to get serious about learning how to use the new machine with all its bells and whistles.
I'll keep you, John and Malachi in my thoughts today. Love, Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey i updated my blog :) just thought i'd let you know.