Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where's July?

OK- so I've been meaning to update for a while, and all of a sudden it hit me-- it's AUGUST! Where on earth did July go?! Not only does that mean I haven't posted on here in almost 3 weeks (yikes), but also that summer is just about over. It is always bittersweet for me. I enjoy my time off (and am sad to give it up), but as soon as I see school supplies in the store, I start to get excited about school starting all over again. Now I realize that most of my teacher friends do not completely share this sentiment- about now most of them are groaning. But, there's something about 5 cent notebooks, and 20 cent crayons that gets me excited. I always have to stay away from those aisles or I end up buying a cartload of cheap school supplies I really don't need. Actually, this year we got smart and I got to go down those aisles to support Running Start for School-- a very cool thing in Rochester. Anyhow, I'm excited about the prospect of a new school year and "starting over." Of course, that doesn't mean as August comes to a close that I won't have a couple of nightmares about not being prepared or about having a class from H-E-double hockey sticks.

So, you may be wondering what we have been up to lately. Here are a couple of higlights:
  • Malachi turned 5 months old.
  • I had my 10-year High School reunion (JM Rockets)
  • I got a stamping/crafting day in with my friends (although more talking was had than crafing)
  • We went to Madison to visit our friends Paul and Kim (and Noah and Micah)- it is definitely different now that there are 3 kids to keep track of between us. We had a blast, and especially enjoyed the Madison Farmer's Market-- HOLY COW that was awesome!
  • Sarah enjoyed some lunches with friends!
  • We housed Malachi's friend Braden's 1st Birthday Party! What a fun time!
  • I hosted my dear friend Nurse Lori's baby shower on Sunday. She's having a boy, and we are super excited!
Well, that's about it for now. We'll see you soon or talk to you later!

2 comments:

Minnesota Native 62 said...

John & Sarah:
Dick and I are planning to come down on the evening of the 16th - very late because I work at Herbergers until 9:30 p.m. Otherwise, we would get there so late on Saturday, what's the point?
We'll let John and Dick work out the detail.
What do you want to do when we're there?
Love, Donna

Sarah Carlson said...

I'm looking forward to you coming! Hooray!