Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na Yesterday was my Birthday!

Hello Readers! Yesterday I spent my birthday traveling to Arizona. It's much sunnier and relaxed here than it was at my home, so I'm happy to be here! However, as I turned 30 (!), I couldn't help but be reminded of the fun times a birthday brought when I was younger. Growing up we had parties, and cakes, and fun-fun-fun! There's something about being an adult that makes birthdays seem, well, a little drab (if I'm honest). I got a great dinner and a cake with candles this year! I don't believe I've had anything like that for the last couple of years. I guess the point is, if we have to continue to get older and keep track, how come it's only fun to do so when you are little? Why does it stop being a huge big deal? Just my rambling thoughts on the subject.... Now, I think I will go find a sunny spot to relax in. ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. There is a new little box on the right side of my blog. If you're an on-line shopper, please consider shopping through my link to help raise money for my students who can't afford the 5th grade Eagle Bluff trip in the spring. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your birthdays aren't fun anymore. I'm not sure how to make them that way either. Tough to get older sometimes. I'm glad you have happy memories of previous birthdays anyway.

Love you,
Mom