Saturday, October 6, 2007

Parties, Colds, and a Visitor!

OK, so I've been told that I need to post again (just for you, Ebby!). It's been a while again-- it just seems like sometimes our life is too boring to post about. Since last posting I took my students on a neat field trip to the Olmsted County Historical Society- but who really wants to hear about that?

Then I had a combined Tupperware and Tastefully Simple party at my house, which was fun and tasty- but a post?

And then, this past week I was sick with a cold. Boo hoo! :( So let me just say that having a cold when you are pregnant is no fun at all! I wasn't able to take any of my favorite cold meds, so I ended up staying home sick 2 days in a row! I suppose that's why they give teachers sick days, but it was still pretty nasty (and sub plans are downright annoying to make). The good thing about being out of my classroom, however, is that I was able to do a little test run with the sub I might use for my maternity leave. :) Oh, and my kids were awesome for the sub, so that made my day!

OK, so now-- we have a visitor staying at our house. It is our good friend Ron Ray who is here to play drums on the worship team at our church. He's just staying tonight, but we are super excited to have him. Yeah for Ron, but "boo" for not having his wife Ebby here with him! We'll be super happy to hear his amazing drumming abilities at church again, and then we are going out to Famous Dave's for some good eats! Yum- the baby's eating good tonight!

Oh! And speaking of baby... I've been feeling the little one more and more, which has been totally great. It's pretty funny because I couldn't tell whether or not I was actually feeling the baby move until John felt it and asked if that was baby. After paying a little more attention I finally figured out that I was feeling the little one. Very cool feeling to have, and I'm looking forward to some good kicks (remind me later that I was looking forward to this).

Well, that's all for now. This is getting to be a trademark-long-Sarah-post. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, thank you. I just needed a little news from the Carlson house. Don't spoil Ronnie too much.

Anonymous said...

I had an awesome time guys! Thanks for putting me up, and putting up with me. I even told Becky I want to stay at your place o future visits. See you in Nov.