Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Latest

Well, I'm not really sure where to start tonight. I guess I should begin by saying that we had our ultrasound at Mayo on Friday afternoon. This baby wasn't being terribly cooperative, so now we have some areas that require further examination. Namely, his left hand and his heart. He wasn't positioned well, and he also kept wiggling around so much they couldn't tell for sure that everything is as it should be with his heart, and they never caught sight of all five fingers on his left hand, so that is a bit of a question mark as well. So, all of this to say that we've been referred to a Mayo cardiologist now, and we will be going in for another (that's 6, if you're keeping score) ultrasound to see if they can't rule some potential problems out. This, of course, was not quite what we had anticipated prior to our visit. However, we know that this is not out of God's hands or plan, so we're feeling pretty peaceful about the whole thing. Our next visit at Mayo will happen a week from Monday on 11/5. We'd appreciate any prayers for our developing little guy, as well as that he would cooperate and be positioned well for the next ultrasound. Thanks! Oh! And Ebby- there's still only ONE in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for my little name sake. Everything will be fine.

One baby? They still didn't tell you about the other one? I will give them a call on Monday and let them know it is ok to tell you now. She was holding his hand...that was why they couldn't see his other fingers.

My prayers are with you my friends. I can't wait to see them move around when I am there in January. Post another picture of yourself so I can see.

Missy Eagen said...

thinking about you guys today...