Monday, October 22, 2007

An unexpected weekend!

OK- so the weekend itself was expected, but how it turned out was unexpected. We had planned to be in AZ over the "MEA" weekend, but as seems standard for us now, it didn't quite work out. Our flight got delayed, which would have resulted in us missing our connection in Denver. John figured all of this out before we even left the house (but not before we packed and loaded the car). John spoke with the airline, and there was literally no way of getting there on Wednesday anymore, and we wouldn't have been able to get to AZ until about 11am Thursday. We talked it over and decided it was a bust, so we opted for a refund.

We ended up going to dinner at the Macaroni Grill (YUM!), and just spending some good quality time together. It was wonderful! We both got some work done around the house, slept in, and we even got to go up to visit my sister Kristi and her husband Chris north of the Cities on Saturday/ Sunday! What fun! By the way, for the Carlsons who read this-- we did miss you! It was just great to take advantage of some time off. Oh! And my key to the school wouldn't work this weekend, so I literally couldn't do schoolwork- fabulous! :)

In other news... we had another Dr.'s appt. this morning. It was great to hear the little guy's heartbeat. We did get referred to Mayo for a level 2 ultrasound, though, which was unexpected. Apparently because they were unable to clearly see the heart and because they noticed there is only one artery in the umbilical cord (or something like that) they want us to get a closer check on how baby looks and is developing. I don't think it's anything to worry about-- I'm thinking it's more like a precaution. As our friend Jennifer J. said- they refer us there because they CAN. ;)

3 comments:

Missy Eagen said...

Glad you made the most of your weekend :) I agree with Jennifer, they refer you because they can, seems scary but I've known lots of women to have level 2 ultrasounds and all is well. None the less I will be praying for you, John and John jr. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a problem with your due date. I will be in town on January 11th and need for you to have the baby a couple of days before that or on that weekend. Could you please talk to your doctor about this situation.

Level 2 ultrasound-schmultrasound. They are doing it because I told them that you were having twins and they want to make sure I am right. They made a mistake telling you only one baby so that are making sure so they can correct their diagnosis.

See you in January!!

Sarah Carlson said...

Thanks for the prayers, Missy. Ebby- it would be funny and unexpected if it turned out there were twins in there! Having a level 2 ultrasound will definitely bring some certainty. ;) I'm not sure about the Jan. request, though. I think this baby will need some more "cooking" time. But--- I AM SUPER EXCITED TO HEAR YOU'RE COMING FOR A VISIT! HOORAY!