Wednesday, March 26, 2008

8 lbs. 3 oz.

That's Malachi's weight as of today's appointment! He's growing by leaps and bounds. :) Only 2 weeks ago he was 7 lbs. 4 oz. I think he's starting to get a little more baby fat-- in fact he's almost grown out of his newborn outfits and newborn diapers.

I wanted to be the one to write about today's appointment, but John beat me to the punch. Malachi did really well through all of the poking and prodding... our Dr. spent a lot more time on doing the echo than normal as he was really hoping to get to the root of the problem. He seems genuinely concerned with Malachi's well-being, and I believe he is even taking extra steps to help him. We are very thankful for such a wonderful Dr.

After the appointments Malachi and I took a Spring walk around the neighborhood. We hear there could be another winter storm blowing through, so I thought we should get out while we could. It was windier than I had thought, so I ended up with cold ears, but it was still nice to be out and about.

One final comment--- We went up to Moose Lake for Easter on Sunday so that Malachi could meet John's Grandpa Winston. It was great to be with family, and special for John's Grandpa to meet the little boy with his name. We, being the shutterbug parents that we are, managed to forget our camera. Thanks to Ron and Doreen who took this picture for us! :) Grandpa Winston is 90 years old, so this is pretty special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture up top. I want one!

Eric R. said...

Good to hear you guys are doing well. Praying for you still.