Monday, March 3, 2008

From Mommy!

Hello Friends! John has done such a nice job of keeping the posts coming and updating often! I haven't had much of a chance to write in the last 2 weeks, so I want to start by saying THANK YOU! Thanks to all of you who have been praying for little Malachi for months now, and those who have just joined us, too. I really can't explain the emotions that passed through me when I was informed by the cardiologist that Malachi would not need a surgery after all, and that things were looking good for him. I truly feel that God worked a miracle in our little boy's body, and so we say- PRAISE GOD! Even now I feel that God is working miracles as Malachi's heart isn't "normal," but yet is functioning well. So, again thanks for the prayers and support you have offered. It's been amazing.

Now on to talk about daily routine-- things are going pretty well. Malachi has decided that between 8pm and 11:30pm is his fussy time, so we are learning to function in the midst of a screaming/ crying baby during that time. It's amazing what you can get used to. :) Other than that he sleeps well (for the most part), and I am adjusting to getting about 6 hours of broken sleep a night instead of my normal 8 continuous hours. This has been hard for me, but I am sure I will continue to adjust (especially since this part of parenthood appears to be unavoidable). :P

One random thought before I wrap up-- we know a lot of you have said that you really like Malachi's name. You might be surprised to know that it has been mispronounced quite a bit in the less-than-two-weeks since he was born. Everything from Ma-la-chee to Ma-le-key to Ma-lay-key, and still others. It's pretty funny, especially considering we never thought it was that different of a name. Who knew?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are going well for all of you. Can't wait to see the little guy.

lori said...

Hi Sarah and family!
I have been checking your posts but have just figured out how to leave a comment! Techie I am not! Everyone at school is so happy that things are going well with Malachi---a cute little guy...and that rhymes if I am pronouncing it right! ;-) We'll keep praying! I'm glad to hear that you are getting into the new tired parent role. Get used to it because it lasts a long time! But enjoy him while he's little. One of my babes will turn 11 tomorrow. I know they always say it but it's true. Time flies...enjoy the cuddling while he stays in one place! I'd say enjoy the diapers...but well...that's one of those things no one misses later. Take care and hopefully, we will see you soon!
Lori