Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year- 2009!

Happy New Year, friends! As I sit here writing the last post of 2008, I can't help but think back on all that has occurred in the past year for us. What a difference a year makes! We've become parents, which has turned out to be every bit the big deal it was billed to be. We are SO thankful for our little boy and have really loved this new change to our lives and marriage. In fact, we are SO thankful for SO many things:

  • A God who loves us, supports us, takes care of us, encourages us
  • The opportunity to vacation this year- twice!- and without baby (not that we don't love him- it's just nice to have a break)
  • Our family, and their willingness to help us out
  • Excellent child care for Malachi
  • A wonderful church where we both belong and can serve
  • Jobs, even though we may not always be happy with them
  • Holidays with family
  • Unexpected stays out of town
  • Sarah is thankful for snow
  • John is thankful for sun
  • Good friends
  • Etc.

I really don't mean for this to turn into one of those corny posts, but I do think it is good for us to look back on the year and reflect on the things that have brought us happiness. A guest speaker at our church the weekend after Thanksgiving talked about living with a thankful attitude. That really struck a chord with me. Sometimes I don't think I take the time to be thankful- may I do a better job of that in 2009. For now, I am thankful for 2008 and ALL that happened, good or bad, as it either brought me joy or taught me something I was supposed to learn.

From one of my all-time favorite songs: "Thank you Lord... How could I ask for more?" - Cindy Morgan

1 comment:

The McCutcheons said...

We understand the need to be away from your kids. :) Taking beaks from the "mommy and daddy" role is very important. We are always better parents after our breaks. Happy New Year!