Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sarah's TOP SECRET PROJECT!

Alright folks! This is the post you've been waiting for! I finally reveal my TOP SECRET PROJECT!

Since sometime in September I have been doing a special project in the nursery. I decided that it would be really fun to paint murals of storybook characters on the walls of the nursery. I also figured that I love art and have always been fairly artistic, so I was prepared to tackle this project myself, as opposed to hiring someone. So, armed with my collection of storybooks (I'm a teacher, people!) I picked out 7 characters I thought would be fun to incorporate. Below you can see pictures of me working on the newly finished project! Hooray-- I FINALLY finished on SuperBowl Sunday (before the game started, of course!). :)


I kept it a secret for quite a while because I figured if it didn't turn out, I would just paint over it and no one would have to know! Once I finished one part of it and saw it was probably going to work, we started to leak the information (that's why some of you already knew about it). Here are some more pics!

(The opening page of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Curious George)

(Here's the Very Hungry Caterpillar)

(Now you see the cows from Click, Clack, Moo, Clifford, and Chrysanthemum)

(Continuing clockwise around the room- it's Froggy!)

Some closeups...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah how adorable!!!! I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately. Your on the final stretch :) Can't wait to meet you little guy!

Anonymous said...

It turned out great!! Of course my favorite is still Click Clack Moo.

Thanks for the pictures of you, too. Little Eric Edward is dropping a little bit. How am I going to be able to not see him until this summer?? The wait is going to kill me!

Melissa G said...

Those are super fantastic! I'm thoroughly impressed!

Anonymous said...

I can attest, it looks super awesome.